Wednesday 4 June 2008

Friday-Ad's own Karate Kid

Congratulations to Darren Stringer from our accounts department here in Sayers, who recently competed in an international Karate competition in Russia and came third in his category.

Darren competed in the IFK International Yamburg Cup in the lightweight division and says: "I had 4 fights in total, I lost in the semi finals on boards (the other guy broke more boards than me so advanced after 2 rounds).

"Then I had to fight off for 3rd and 4th place. I won the fight and came 3rd, and won a gold bar to go with the trophy.

"12 different countries entered the competition and there was around 20 entrants in the lightweight category".

Judging by Darren's impressive victory perhaps a switch of roles to 'debt collecting' would be right up his street?!

No comments:

 

dreamweaver stats
Online Dating Services